Friday 24 October 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 271

Slowly, we convince everyone to join hands. We make jokes about this being like a hippy sit in. Some people are won over. There are some more grumblers, some more leavers, but eventually we all band together. In the end there are fifty of us, fifty brave travellers willing to fight the tide of whatever life throws at them.
Now we have a direction, a means to an end. We will end this feud with Thacker and Windermere and get on with our own lives. We’ll find the people we love and start a new life in this world shared with the living.

As I close my eyes and step into the cold black nothing, the smell of haybales and dusty books in my memories, I take a first step forwards. A step of my own accord, not dragged sideways by someone who thinks they know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment