Wednesday 3 September 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 243


‘What do you think we should do?’ Yates looks around at the absence of jobs. Most people’s idea of preparing for the recital seems to include standing around talking about it.

‘Well, find Teague seems to be the obvious choice,’ she replies. ‘I haven’t seen him since the pair of you returned from the arse end of the arse end of nowhere.’

‘We’ll split up then,’ I suggest. ‘We’ll cover more ground and we should find him skulking around somewhere. He’s probably building a death ray or a black hole generator or something.’

‘After this is done, shall we have a lunatic free month?’ Yates puts forward.

                We split up, laughing, desperate to be free of Teague, these doldrums and everything in between. I wonder if this sort of stuff happens in the Great Beyond. Maybe it doesn’t but it would only start if we went there. I think we’re better off in the real world.

                I start heading towards the school, hoping I can pick up Teague’s trail from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment