Wednesday 3 September 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 245


                ‘Easton, what can I do for you?’

                ‘I was just wondering where Teague lived, I wanted to ask him if I could help with the children’s preparation.’

                ‘Good luck to you there!’ she scoffs. ‘He’s being very secretive about the whole thing. I offered help myself but he wants the whole thing to himself apparently. He’s very good with them.’ Was that a flicker of doubt behind those brown eyes?

                ‘Still, I’d like to see him. We go way back.’ Which is true.

                ‘Well if you wanted to try anyway, he lives in the very corner of the town in the southwest corner.’ She directs her hand towards his house.

                I wonder how they have points of the compass here? Surely no one possesses such a device? And would the desert even have a magnetic pole? Maybe they just decided on directions for each of directing.

No comments:

Post a Comment