Monday 12 May 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 132

             I consider for a second. There are so many places Penny always wanted to go. I could list them off and go on and on all night.
            ‘She loved Hyde Park,’ I say. ‘We always went there. The café’s so expensive but when it’s nice you can sit outside and bring your own stuff and be sneaky. We always used to.’
            ‘We’ll start there then,’ Elle says. ‘Maybe she’s waiting there for you.’
            I nod.
            We’ve been through a lot in a short amount of time, but I know I have friends here, and something to go on living for.  I think the trick is to believe that one day Penny’s path will cross with mine again.
            As me and Elle hold hands, disappearing into the Edge and leave the boys behind, we step into the unknown. If my three days dead has taught me anything, maybe that’s a good thing.


End of Volume One

No comments:

Post a Comment