Tuesday 15 July 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 192

                I close my eyes and listen to the music. The resonance of their voices flows through me. I can feel the music. The vibrations course through me, and then I can see them, like waves and fireworks and explosions in the blackness behind my eyes.

                ‘I can see you!’ The words escape my mouth before I can stop them. I laugh and spread my arms out. The waves become clearer and I feel a pull as I’m caught between them. I’m in a riptide and I’m happy to let it carry me away.
 
                This time I don’t open my eyes. The world comes into focus from the blackness. The waves become lines and in them is a crowd of people. A thousand heads look at me, and soon my eyes begin to water. I blink and the new world comes into focus. A new world born of music and the edge of darkness when I close my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment