Tuesday 15 July 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 196

                Personally, the idea of living under a baking sun and never seeing the world I love again isn’t my idea of paradise. I wouldn’t dare question Tarquin or his friends though, they’re not hurting anyone here, quite unlike the likes of Windermere and Thacker.

                ‘Any sign of Teague?’ I ask.

                ‘Nothing,’ Elle shakes her head. ‘Hopefully he just dropped off the worlds and won’t be coming back. I just think his funny his girlfriend turned on him.’

                ‘Who is this Teague?’ asks Tarquin.

                ‘A man from our world,’ I reply. ‘Troublemaker would be putting it lightly. I’d suggest that if you sense him floating around out there, you leave him by the tree.’

                Tarquin looks offended. ‘We would give everyone a chance. No one deserves to be trapped in that place.’

                I don’t want to make enemies here, not when I don’t know how to get back, so I keep my mouth shut. Elle appears to follow the same mantra.
                We begin up the stone steps to the town hall and start towards a high set of double doors, the only wood I’ve seen here so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment