Friday 11 April 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 101

            ‘People like you keep nice cars in garages,’ I say, thinking of my poor, mangled Triumph Spitfire. ‘And you keep books on shelves and never read them.’
            Teague doesn’t seem to care. He turns around and marches up the hill again. We reach the peak and enter the shade of the tree.
            He reaches into his bag and pulls out his device. The remote control that I saw him use to travel through a bus.
            ‘How did you do it?’ I ask. ‘How do you travel like a ghost?’
            He laughs with a bitter tone. ‘Ghosts,’ he laughs. ‘Like a child’s story around a bonfire.’
            ‘Well what are we then?’
            ‘That’s a mystery that is mine to find out,’ says Teague. ‘Once I’ve got rid of you.’

            He flicks a switch on the remote. I jerk to the right, away from him. I feel myself lift off the ground. I cry out, completely unable to control my own movements. I stop in the air, the deadened face of the starbright man beneath me.

No comments:

Post a Comment