Monday 23 June 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 167

               'Oh yeah,' Yates says. 'Would you care to explain that one? I have zero problem with any man who sees fit to become a woman, but I was under the impression that required a great deal of surgery.'

                'The dead have privilege,' Teague says. 'We have to discuss this elsewhere. I only took us here to throw them off our trail. We can meet up with Robin and discuss our position in comfort.'

                'I still don't know why we should trust you?' I ask.

                'Because we've escaped the hand of the Council and they'll most certainly be coming after us.'

                'So you've put us into a nice little catch 22,' Yates says. 'We can't leave you because we have no way of clearing our names. So we have to stay and do whatever you want.'

                'See, this is why I always liked you, Yates,' Teague says. 'A man with perspective.'

                'My perspective is that you're a murderer who should be brought to justice. Just because some other people might be worse than you doesn't make you any less bad.'

                'I'm with Yates,' Elle says.

                'Me too,' I concur.

                'You'll change your minds when you meet with Robin,' Teague says.

No comments:

Post a Comment