Tuesday 5 August 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 210

              I think it’s my insistence to reunite with Yates that has helped my relationship with Elle. I admire her a lot. A girl who had everything stolen from her who only exists selflessly. It’s only now I realise that everything she does is driven by a desire to help others. She knew I wanted to find Penny so she came along on hare-brained adventures with me. She saw that Yates needed help so she gave him a best friend. It makes sense that Graham, a person who only thinks inwardly, would irritate her so much.

                I reach the crest of the dune and stop beside her. Thinking and losing track of what my body was doing means that I hold my side with a sharp stitch. I massage myself in the hope that it might subside.

                ‘Anything?’ I ask.

                ‘Not as far as the eye can see,’ Elle says. ‘We should be getting back really, we wouldn’t want to miss out on Teague’s fabulous school of excellence.’

No comments:

Post a Comment