Wednesday 27 August 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 233


‘Oh, God, what’s he done now?’

I try to hide my smile but find it very difficult.

‘This is Teague from the school?’ Upson still stands behind us. I don’t suppose it matters if we let him in on things now. He’s proved himself more trustworthy than anyone.

‘You know him?’ Elle narrows her eyes. I expect she’s suspecting a secret Teague supporter.

‘Only in passing, I always got the impression he was hiding something.’

‘Easton, I’ve decided we’re replacing you with Upson,’ Elle says. I stick my tongue out at her but we laugh.

‘Teague’s from back home,’ I say. ‘He hurt a lot of people, manipulates them too. Now he’s putting on this act as the saintly schoolteacher and we think he’s going to pull something at the recital.’
‘Then we’d better stop him,’ Upson says. ‘He can’t hurt anyone here, we can go home and he’ll be Tarquin’s problem.’

No comments:

Post a Comment