Wednesday 27 August 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 235


‘Singing,’ I reply.

‘Singing?’ Yates looks like I’ve just told him the sea had turned purple. Wide eyed and incredulous.

‘Tell me about it,’ I reply. ‘We think he might be trying to use the song to get home.’

‘Why doesn’t he just do it himself?’ Upson asks. ‘He’s been here long enough, rumour travels quickly. You get home the same way you travel, the same way we escaped, you just have to be brave enough and want to.’

‘Welcome to Teague,’ Elle answers. ‘Man of mystery.’

Upson raises his eyebrows. ‘It definitely sounds suspicious given his history.’

‘How long do you think it will be until the recital begins?’ I ask.
‘Well it’s supposed to be this evening,’ he replies. ‘I suppose that gives us the day to find some proof to what he’s doing.’

No comments:

Post a Comment