Tuesday 5 August 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 214

                ‘How do you know where he is?’ Elle asks. ‘If you’ve never been down there yourself.’

                ‘It was the nature of his echo.’ It’s Upson who replies. ‘We could hear it on the desert wind. Calling out your names and speaking of a great chasm before him, a darkness that feels like it’s reaching out to take him.’

                I can’t help but think of the time I followed Yates through my own memories, falling over the end of what I could remember and spinning through the gloom. Was that the Abyss calling out to me even then?

                ‘And you’d leave him to that because you fear it yourself?’ My fists ball together and I hold the express desire to take them all by the hand and step through the breach with them, to show them that there is a way home if they’d only believe it. Strength has taken us this far and I refuse to be stopped by it, Great Beyonds, Edges and Abysses don’t come into the equation.
                I expect Teague to make an appearance, to offer his important opinions, but there is no sign of him. I assume he’s off with the children. Is this further proof that he can be trusted?

No comments:

Post a Comment