Wednesday 27 August 2014

Above the Vaulted Sky - Page 231


‘Thank you,’ I say.

The crowd is beginning to disperse. There is obvious bustle before the steps to the town hall. I imagine this is where Teague’s recital will take place. I desperately want to ask Elle what he’s been up to in our absence. And also how long we’ve actually been absent. It’s still the same day we left so we can’t have been away that long. They said that they’d begin singing after half an hour. Down in the Abyss, though it felt like we were in there forever, I’m sure that only a few minutes had passed.

I look up at the blue sky again, just for a moment. I realise how grateful I am to see it back. Still though, I’m troubled by a nagging feeling. This is still not my sky.

‘Would you be kind enough to help with the setting up?’ Tarquin asks, indicating the town hall. ‘Now your friend is safe and sound.’ He smiles at Yates.

No comments:

Post a Comment